|Physiotherapy is one of the advanced department within the rehabilitation centre of PARVATHY HOSPITALS concerned with human function and movement. It uses physical approaches to promote, maintain and restore physical, psychological and social well being.
Physiotherapists offer specialist assessment and treatments for a wide range of problems. All the physiotherapists were graduates from recognised universities and are registered with Indian Association of Physiotherapist.
The Physiotherapy Team offers a comprehensive service to in-patients (patients admitted to hospital), out-patients and community visits. Most patients seen in the department especially in the out – patients are referred by orthopaedics and neurology. The department has pioneered a number of significant physiotherapists such as pain and stiffness management, post operative rehabilitation of joint replacements, hand rehabilitation, neurological rehabilitation, pulmonary rehabilitation, in and out of intensive care unit, postural and ergonomic programs, spinal rehabilitation, ...... for clients in India and overseas.
In Patient Services
In-patients are seen by the physiotherapist on the ward, especially with a decidated service of ambulating in - patients thrice a day. The services include,
• Rehabilitation (recovering function) following surgery, particularly after orthopaedic (hip/knee replacement or back) surgery
• Rehabilitation following a stroke, head injury or ‘flare up’ of a neurological condition such as Parkinson’s Disease or Multiple Sclerosis
Rehabilitation following post operative industrial injuries such as hand injuries, nerve and tendon injuries
• Rehabilitation following a medical condition such as a chest infection or oncological (cancer) condition
• Respiratory (breathing) problems. Physiotherapists help people to manage their chest problems by teaching effective clearance of secretions, management of breathlessness and encouraging physical activity.
The Physiotherapy Team offer treatment for problems including: -
• Back, neck, hand disorders
All the joint disorders
• Sports injuries
• Vestibular disorders (poor balance and dizziness)
• Breathing conditions
• Neurological conditions (eg. Parkinson’s Disease, multiple sclerosis)
• Bell’s (facial) palsy
• Women’s Healt h
Home advice (do’s and dont’s)
Our department has advanced equipments such as
Continuous Passive Movement(cpm) to improve joint range of movements
Exercise Therapy Unit
For patients who are unable to attend the physiotherapy department or, because of your condition, it is more appropriate for the physiotherapist to see you at home (or usual place of residence) we can arrange a community physiotherapy visit.
Work related injuries or chronic conditions can be quite costly to the employee and employer. However most can be prevented and treated. We have programs that provide work site assessments and ergonomic advice, injury rehabilitation that can assist our patients to reduce costs and create a more effective and more efficient work place.
Exercise is a vital part of healthy life for all especially who suffer from musculo – skeletal problems such as arthritis, sports injuries, post operative patients, industrial injuries, neurological problems.The exercise programs taught by our physiotherapists ensures safe and effective results.